What Is an Active Student?
Modified on: Tue, 11 Jun, 2019 at 12:35 PM
If you are subscribed to our Pro plan plus Growth package add on, you will receive monthly charges in addition to your Pro subscription based on active students. For estimates of what your monthly fee will be, we have a handy calculator you can check out here: Growth Calculator
What Is an Active Student?
An active student is a student who has a full enrollment and their enrollment has not yet expired. The following also applies:
- A student who is enrolled in multiple courses will count as one active student.
- Students enrolled in Free courses count as active students.
- Students enrolled in Free Trial on a subscription pricing option also count as active.
- A student enrolled in a Free Preview does not count as an active student.
Frequently Asked Questions
What options do I have for manually controlling my active student numbers?
There are a few ways you have control over your active student numbers:
- When you Set Your Course Pricing, you will have the option to automatically expire enrollment after a set number of days. This can be also be applied to Free courses in the Days Until Expiry field:
- If you have a large number of current students that you would like to expire enrollments for, this can be done with our Bulk Un-enroll feature that is available with the Growth package.
- If you have an individual student that you would like to expire enrollment for, this can be done within the User's detail page:
If the student signed up for an account but didn’t enroll in any course, would this be called an active student?
This would not count as an active student. A user must be enrolled in a course to count as an active student.
If the student’s course is expired, are they still an active student?
If the course enrollment is expired, they are not an active student.
If the student has enrolled in a course but the progress shows 0% for a long period of time (that means student didn’t even attempt any classes regardless of all the reminders), is it still an active student if their course is not expired yet?
This still counts as an active student specifically because the enrollment is not expired. If you are concerned about this behavior, you can consider setting an enrollment duration for the course.
How can I see how many active students I currently have?
You can filter for active students on your Users page:
Where can I see my expected charge for the upcoming billing cycle?
This is visible under Your Name's Account > Account Details, where you will see your current number of active enrollments as well as a projected invoice amount:
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback