How to Unenroll Students and Process Refunds
Modified on: Wed, 24 Apr, 2019 at 3:55 PM
The following outline the steps to take if you are trying to remove a student from one of your courses due to a refund, subscription cancellation, incorrect registration, or for any other reason where they no longer need access to a course.
Unenroll a Student from a Course
1. Click on Users in the Admin Dashboard of your Thinkific site:
2. Find the student you want to unenroll and click on their Name to view their user profile.
Note: You can search for the user by name or email, or using the filters under Advanced Search.
3. From the user profile, locate the desired Course and select the ellipses on the right (3 dot menu)
6. Once you’ve done that the user will no longer have access to the Course!
Unenroll a Student from a Bundle
1. Click on Users in the Admin Dashboard
2. Find the student you want to unenroll and click on their Name to view their user profile
3. From the user profile, locate the desired Bundle and select the ellipses on the right (3 dot menu)
4. Click Unenroll From Bundle
5. Click Unenroll in confirmation popup6. Once you’ve done that the user will no longer have access to the Bundle!
Subscriptions and Payment Plans
For Subscriptions and Payment Plans, payments are not automatically cancelled and must also be cancelled in Stripe.
How do I cancel a subscription in Stripe?
Search for and open the customer record in Stripe
Scroll to Active Subscriptions
Click on the ‘...’ to the right of the subscription to cancel and choose Cancel Subscription
Unenrolling a user does not automatically refund any payments made for the course. Refunds need to be made directly from your Stripe or PayPal dashboard. Here’s how to do that for:
Note: Stripe refunds all fees and PayPal refunds all but the 30-cent fee. If your Thinkific plan includes transactions fees, these fees will not be refunded when you process a refund.
Update: If you created your Stripe account after September 14, 2017, Stripe fees are not refunded on these new accounts. If you are using an account created before then, Stripe will refund all fees associated with the payment.
Once you have processed the refund within Stripe or PayPal, be sure to also follow the instructions above to remove the student from the course if you have not already!
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback