Menu

Closing cart for payment plans

I'm developing a site for a friend and we've had 50 enrollment into a course. I want to close the cart so no one even with the direct web address can see the sales page but I don't think that's possible with Thinkific? The biggest problem is the sign in page for existing students keeps showing the payment plan as an option and I'm worried that if I delete the payment plan, those people on the payment plan won't pay their final amounts. I hope this makes sense? Basically we want to have a fixed period of time for cart open and then close the doors - how do we do this? Thanks!! Bec

Hi Ricci-Jane!

You can set your course as private. In this way it will hide the buy button on the banner section. You can delete the payment plan options and this won't affect students that are already enrolled with this option. They will continue paying until all the payments are made.  

If you are using our updated page builder, you can simply delete the buy buttons that are linking to the payment plan. 

Hope this helps!

Awesome - thanks Oliver!

How do I delete the buy buttons on a landing page? My course is only open 3 times a year and after cart closes, I want the buttons gone. But then be able to add them back in when it opens again. If I change this in my theme, will it change it for all courses I have? I only want to do this for one course our of three. Thanks!

Hi Jean

The easiest method would be to use the 'Private' setting however this is only available on our Business plans and not the Essential plan. While you can change this via the Themes, it will affect all courses that use that same Theme. Depending on which version of Themes you are on, with v 1.9x yes, it is possible to set a separate theme for each course whereas with v2 you cannot set a different theme but could remove the sections that have buttons such as Banner and any Call to Action sections you may have added. Beyond that would require HTML skills and if this is something you are comfortable with, send us an email at info@thinkific.com and we can provide a few pointers!

When you set your course to private does it remove all of the CTA buy buttons on the page or just the one at the top?

Hi Brigitte,

It will remove just the buy button from the top of the page. If you have any sections with CTAs added in, e.g. "Pricing Options" or "Call to Action" then you will need to remove those.

Thanks!

Catherine

Login to post a comment