Menu

How do you add a blog to your Thinkific course mainpage?

Hi,

I was wondering how you add a blog to your courses mainpage? Can you do this within Thinkific the theme without needing to go to Wordpress or somewhere else and set one up?

Thanks,

Matt

5 people have this question

Hi Matt!

We don't offer a built-in blog feature right now. If you need something fairly simple then you could use our Additional Pages feature.

That said, for best results I would recommend using an external blog platform like Wordpress and linking your Thinkific site to that using Custom Links. We have lots of customers doing that and it works great :)

Thanks!

Catherine

1 person likes this

any updates to this? a year later - does thinkific still not have a blog feature?

Hi there!

Sorry that we have not provided an update though at this time given the abundant options for different platforms that specialize in Blogs, and our feature of additional pages as noted by Catherine, we have not focused on our own blog feature. We've been putting a lot of focus to improving the overall student experience and supporting course completion and hope those help out!

Sorry to not have more immediate response there though there are no immediate plans for our own blog feature!

I have a video blog that I have set up on my site, under Lori's Intuition Rants. I used the curriculum layout and it is easy to see and use. We also have a Monthly Focus which is a print format. They are both free. Folks can see the titles while browsing and just have to sign in for free to view it. These features help us build our email list and keep everyone coming to our site for everything in one location. It works great. Feel free to check them out. You may enjoy them as well! Lori

1 person likes this

With Site Builder now I can build all my website pages in Thinkific... except my blog page which has to stay in Wordpress. So, from a Ux point of view, people come to my website and see a different theme/design on the blog page (which is my home page) compared to all other pages. I was looking at moving to Kajabi, but it was too expensive. The two things that made me think of that were a) the ability to have all the website within the same platform, including the blog; and b) integrated sales funnels and CRM/autoresponder.

5 people like this