Menu

How do I duplicate a content?

Hi,

I wish to have a survey at the beginning of a chapter, and the same survey at the end. Can I just copy and paste this specific content?

Thanks

Eric

10 people have this question

We definately need the option to copy surveys, quizes and other lessons too!

yes this feature would be useful!!

When I duplicate a whole course and then customize the new course, do I need a new snippet to add to my website?  Also, how would I name the duplicate course to differentiate it from the original course?

Hi Cathy,

If you're asking about your Thinkific site then, when you copy the course, the new course will automatically show on your site once it's published. If you're asking about an external site, then yes you would need to link to your new course from your external site manually; e.g. using a Sales Widget.

By default, the copied course will be called "Copy of [Course Name]". To update that, you can go to the Basic Settings tab of the Course Builder and name it something different to the other course.

I hope that helps, and please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Catherine

Hi there, any updates as to the ability to copy a survey for another course?

1 person likes this

Hi! 

We don't have the ability to copy a survey between courses at this point in time, so I'd recommend making a course "template" with the survey that you can then copy any time you make a new course.

Happy to help if you have any further questions at all!

Thanks,

Catherine

ALso would love to duplicate course landing pages to use the same powerful custom template I made for my other courses...

Hi Everyone!

Eric from Thinkific here and wanted to add a note to this discussion that your feedback and requests for being able to copy or duplicate a lesson to another course or the same course have been heard and ANSWERED!

As of today you can now Add a Lesson from the same or different course to another or same course - you can copy a lesson! You'll find a three button elipsse to the right of Add Lesson that will allow you to Add a Lesson From a Course. 

Thank you and we do appreciate all of your feedback and patience! Hope this new feature helps and please let us know any questions - through our Help desk or email at support@thinkific.com

Thank you!

1 person likes this