Menu

How do I integrate Thinkific with my existing website?

If you already have an existing website (e.g. hosted on Wordpress, Squarespace, etc) and would like to integrate it with your Thinkific courses, then here are some tips for that:

1.  Personalize the URL for your Thinkific site - If you have your own domain, but do not have an existing website built and want to use your Thinkific site as your main website, then you can personalize the URL for your Thinkific site. Our custom domain feature on our Essentials plan and higher allows you to have your Thinkific site available at your own domain; so for example, if your existing site is at www.yourdomain.com then you can customize the URL for your Thinkific site to have it at courses.yourdomain.com or another subdomain of your choosing. That way, as far as your students are concerned, everything will appear to be handled on your own website.

2. Include a link to Thinkific as part of your existing website's navbar - For example, add a navbar item called "Courses" on your personal website that links to your Thinkific site. This involves copying your course URL and adding it to your website. On our side, you can also link back to your main website page from the Course Site Header. You will want to navigate to Site Builder, then Header within your Course. Under Logo, you will have the option to link to a custom URL to make the logo in your header link back to your website. The following website is a great example of how this works. Check out how they link to their Thinkific Site when selecting "Courses": https://www.xaylibarclay.com/

3. Link directly to checkout - If you're using your existing website as the sales page for your course, you're able to link directly to the checkout page on Thinkific. Here's how.

Some additional things to consider:

• Brand your Thinkific site - Head to the Branding page of your admin dashboard to customize the site colours and logo to match your existing site.
  • White Label your Thinkific site - as part of the Business plan, you're able to remove the Thinkific branding from your site pages.

This article provides additional details on these processes: Integrating Thinkific With Your Existing Website

I hope this helps! And if you have any additional questions, just let us know below.

7 people have this question

Does that thinkific system come as a wordpress plugin that I can just install? I say this because I am really comfortable with WordPress and wild feel better hosting my site and being in full control

Does Thinkific integrate perfectly onto a Wix platform? Hoping the course will seem like it's part of my home website. Thanks!

Hi Terry,

There isn't a Thinkific plugin for Wordpress at this point in time, but we do have many customers using Thinkific alongside Wordpress - e.g. using the instructions listed here. It works great!

If you have any questions about that at all, feel free to get in touch :)

Thanks!

Catherine

Hi Matt!

Yes, you can use the tips mentioned here to integrate with your existing Wix site. You should able to customize the look and feel of your Thinkific site to make it close to Wix.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Catherine

Hi, our website is built on custom php and not on any CMS, would we still be able to integrate thinkific for courses?

Hi Gurmeet

With Thinkific we provide a total website solution and in terms of integration, you can use our Site Builder to create a site with landing pages that matches your brand in terms of look and feel. Our Custom Domain feature allows for including your Thinkific site into your hosted domain address.

Hope that helps to answer your question!

How do I linl the CTA on my home page to my convertkit newsletter e-mail collation form. I have done the integration with API but I wat a click on the CTA on the home page to lead to the form and the sequence. How fo I do that?

Hi Al-Habib

It may be better to send along a request to our support team on this question - if you can also include screenshots and the URLs you are looking to use and we can help out!