Menu

How are students notified when new drip content is released?

Our drip schedule feature allows you to release your content to students over time.

Right now, emails are not automatically sent to students upon the release of content (we are planning to introduce that in the future though!)

For the meantime, a great option is to switch weekly reminder emails on for your site from the Notifications page of your admin dashboard - these are sent out every Monday to any students with new/incomplete course content.

Or, if you'd like to set some emails up to mirror your drip schedule, then you are able to do that in any email marketing software (if you're not already using one, check out MailChimp or ConvertKit).

All you need to do is set up a series of emails scheduled to match your drip schedule.

You can then link your Thinkific site to the mailing list for that email schedule, so that any signups to your course are automatically added to the list. (Depending on which program you're using, it could either be handled via direct integration or Zapier).

Any questions about this? Leave us a comment below!

15 people have this question

Hi William

In the case of content not yet released and held back from Drip, the completion progress does take this into account (so would not be considered 100%) and as such the weekly reminder would reflect this. If the course contents change, you may want to aways chose the Recalculate Completions should you add new content (not previously restricted by a Drip Schedule). That will then ensure the student's overall completion rate is adjusted and as such, weekly reminders may send out

Hope that helps!

So I see that this thread started over 2 years ago.  And this is pretty basic functionality for online course platforms.  It shouldn't take two years to develop and implement!  Please provide a status update and estimated date of availability, not just a statement that it is on the list.  Thank you!

1 person likes this

Hi Carrie

Thank you for your feedback - we do appreciate it and do acknowledge that development is not always as quick as it should be nor does it seem to address the issues customers want. We are aware that this is a popular request and something we are looking into however with any feature or solution we provide we always want to be sure we provide the absolute best solution there can be and that can involve investigation and then looking into what resources are available. This all is measured against other high-demand features as well. Right now, there is no ETA or indication I can give that this feature will be addressed. I will be sure to pass along to our development team how important this request is.

Thank you!

I would love to see notifications added to the drip schedule.   Looks like several users need this feature.

2 people like this