Menu

How can I collect assignments from my students?

There are a ton of different ways that you can collect coursework, assignments, etc. from your students on Thinkific!

Here are a few options to get you started:

1. Quizzes - add a quiz to your course to test your students with multiple choice questions.

2. Surveys - add a survey to your course to collect written (i.e. long-form) responses to questions.

3. Discussions - have students upload documents to a discussion lesson for group assessment/feedback by you and the other students.

4. Dropbox file request - for private submission of coursework and projects from students, Dropbox's file request feature will work great alongside your course. Find out how in this article.

If these options aren't quite what you're looking for,  or if you've found an inventive way of assessing your students that you'd like to share, please add to the discussion below!

16 people have this question

Hi Cathy,

Sorry to hear that! We're not working on assignments right now, but I do know that it's something that we're planning to work on in the near future if you can hold on a little longer.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions at all.

Thanks,

Catherine

We are looking for a way that students can submit information (through a survey, or something similar) and go back and see that information.  Are the students not able to view information that they themselves have submitted?

Hi Alison

Currently with Surveys, the students cannot review after submission. You can use our Discussion feature perhaps as this does allow for file upload however it is also viewable by all other students. The further option as outlined is to use a File Sharing service such as DropBox or Google Drive as examples.

Thank you!