Menu

Cramped Mobile View

Hello there,

I have customized how I like my landing page on desktop view, however, when I switch it to mobile view the header gets cut off and squashed all weird. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi Taiya,

Ah yes I see. I'll do some digging into this and get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Catherine

Hi Taiya,

We've done some digging into this, and have a solution for you below - a quick CSS change. Before you try that, did you know that we have completely updated our themes with our new Site Builder? Site Builder comes with much more customizability and features, so I'd definitely recommend checking it out. As any HTML/CSS changes won't be carried over to Site Builder, it's worth trying out the switch first (the banners in the new themes won't have the issue with cut-off text either). Here's more info on transitioning to Site Builder.

If you do want to stick with your current theme, you just need to paste the following code into your theme under Snippets > theme_wide_css:

<style>
@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
   section.jumbotron h1 {
       padding-top: 20px;
   }
}
</style>

Here's where that is (head to Design Your Site > Themes, select the ... for your current theme, and then Edit Code):

Just let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Catherine

Hey there!

Thanks for getting back to me. I followed your instructions and added the code to my site, however, I did not notice a difference.  When I went back into the code page the code I entered was gone. How do I save the code once it's entered?

Oh sorry, I should have mentioned! Under the File menu (towards the top left), you'll see the option to save. Or you can hit Cmd / Ctrl + S.

Thanks!

Thank you! I have entered the code again and saved it but I still do not notice a difference in my mobile view on my course landing page. I would prefer not to switch my website theme at this point because I have spent lots of time customizing my current theme.

Hi Taiya,

From your screenshot it looks like the issue is now fixed - i.e. the text isn't cut off at the top. If you're still seeing a problem then please send over the details and we can take a look :)

Cheers,

Catherine

It it still cramped in the mobile view sadly. If I switch to a different theme will I have to customize everything all over again? Or will all my pages transfer over? I do not want to have to start from the beginning :(

Hi Taiya!

Please can you send our Support team a message with screenshots of what you're seeing to customers@thinkific.com? The team will be able to do some further digging into this then.

Yes, if you do need to switch themes you're customizations will be lost so let's see if we can fix this for you!

Thanks,

Catherine

Login to post a comment