Menu

Polling or testing when students create student account?

Is it possible to require new students to take a poll or do a test when they create their student account?

Currently, I have a poll at the end of each course. The problem is a student taking 5 courses will complete the poll 5 times. Then I'll have to look for all of the completions by each student and use the times to figure out which completion was their initial one.

I'd rather have each student complete it only once.

Is there a way to require each student to complete a poll upon becoming a student rather than in each course?

Hi Cory!

If it's just a couple of questions then you could include it as part of your student sign-up form using Custom Fields.

Alternatively you could create a survey, e.g. on Typeform, and then link to it from somewhere that the student will see shortly after signup - e.g. the course welcome email, the student dashboard...

Feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions at all!

Thanks,

Catherine

OK, Thanks Catherine.

The Custom Fields questions seem to be limited to 60 characters. Is there a way to increase that?

Hi Cory,

Sorry there isn't a way to increase the character limit on custom field names right now. If you're asking longer questions, then I think Typeform will work well for you!

Thanks,

Catherine

Thanks Catherine.

I found a workaround. I listed the choices I wanted them to consider in text above the Custom Fields. In the custom fields I asked the to choose one of the choices I described in the text above. Not perfect, but it might work for some to solve the problem of wanting only one survey from each student.

Hi Cory,

Glad to hear you got it figured out, and thanks for sharing!

Catherine

Hi Catherine

When people complete these custom fields, where do I see what they entered in the custom fields?

Hi Cory!

You'll be able to access that information by exporting a report from the Users page of your admin dashboard. You'll then be sent a CSV file that includes that info.

Thanks!

Catherine

Login to post a comment