Menu

How can I lay out the content for this course?

I would love some ideas on how to do something. 

I am starting a monthly subscription course. It's not quite like this, but imagine an astrology site with information on each asteroid. I can't figure out the best way to lay out the content. There will be hundreds of asteroids, each with it's own bit of information, plus a discussion forum. It needs to be searchable, so students can easily locate the particular asteroid they are looking for. It's more reference than course. I'm calling it the Asteroids Vault. 

Anyone have any brilliant ideas? I hope so. :)

Hi Kim!

There's a couple of different ways you could do this. For example, you could keep all of the information in the same course and simply add new content to it over time. Existing students will automatically get access to the new content and you'll be able to keep the new content in "draft" whilst you're working on it.

Alternatively, you could have one course per asteroid and use our Bundles feature (available as part of any paid plan) to sell these courses as a package. This could work well as having separate courses will add more to the perceived value of the package. As you add new courses to the bundle, existing students will automatically gain access to them.

I hope that helps! Feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions at all.

Thanks,

Catherine

Catherine thank you, I love the bundles idea. I can 'bundle' the asteroids into groups and create a course for each group. 

Do you think then a subscription to the bundle would work? As it's being updated all the time? 

Hi Kim,

Glad I could help!

Yes you can set subscription pricing for your bundle. That way, students will continue to have access to the bundle as long as they keep up to date with their payments. As you add new content to the bundle, students who are already enrolled will automatically gain access to it.

Thanks,

Catherine

Login to post a comment