Menu

How do I change the language of my countdown timer in Altitude?

If you're using the countdown section in our Altitude theme, the default language for the timer will be in English. If you have your site set to another language, you will need to edit your Theme code to ensure the date and time labels are in the correct language.

To access your Theme code, go to your Theme Library, click on the "Manage my Themes" button in the top right corner, and then click on the "Edit HTML/CSS" button. We'll be making changes to the 'skyrocket.scss' file under the Styles folder.

From there, you will want to look for the following code which starts at approximately Line 721:

section.countdown #countdown-clock .clock-interval#clock-days::after {
  content: 'Days';
  display: block;
  position: relative;
  font-size: 1.8rem;
  font-family: 'Lato', sans-serif;
}

From there, where the code says content: 'Days' is where you'll want to translate the labels for your countdown timer. Make sure you keep the translated word in the single quotations. There are four words to translate: Days, Hours, Minutes and Seconds. 

Once you've made the changes, don't forget to save the code by using the File button in the top left corner and make a note of the changes you did somewhere else on your computer so you have them for future reference.

Note: the timer labels cannot include any special characters (letters with accents) as it will break the code, so do keep this in mind as you're making these changes!

If you're feeling stuck or scared about making these changes, feel free to get in touch with us and we'd be happy to walk you through the process: support@thinkific.com

Login to post a comment