Menu

Can I use my custom sign up fields on my completion certificate?

If you're issuing completion certificates to students who require additional information on the certificate, like their phone number or a license number, you can do this with our built in Accredible integration.

What you'll need to do is make sure you've set up a custom sign up field for when your students register to indicate the information you want to include on the certificate. 

So for example, I've created a custom text field for "Student ID" which is required:

Afterwards, you'll want to make sure you've logged into your Thinkific provided Accredible account using the credentials provided on your Integrations page and followed the instructions here to create the certificate design. 

1. From your Accredible Dashboard, you'll want to go into "Attributes" from the top menu.
  2. Use the "Add Custom Attribute" button to create a new attribute to match your custom sign up field.
  3. Make sure you input the Attribute Name exactly as how you've named your custom sign up field in Thinkific and that the Attribute Type is left as "Text".
  4. Save the attribute!

Once you've saved the attribute, if you go into your certificate designs, you'll be able to select your newly created custom attribute from the dropdown list of attributes available and add it to your completion certificates now! 

Here's a quick animation of what that looks like: