Menu

How do I create links within my text lesson?

The anchor tag code will consist of two HTML elements. First, you'll want to create the link.

If you are linking to a spot on the same page, the format of the link will be similar to: 

<a href="#anchor">Link Text</a>

For example, if the text is "Read more about pizza!" then your HTML should look like this:

<a href="#pizza">Read more about pizza!</a>

The above anchor link only works when you are jumping to a specified spot in the same lesson. If you want a link to jump a specific location in a different lesson or even course, you'll need to replace #anchor with the full URL for the page, similar to:

<a href="https://yoursite.thinkific.com/courses/take/demo/texts/1751013-favourite-foods#pizza">Link Text</a>

When composing your lesson or page, click the code view button in the toolbar and enter the link code:

The second part of an anchor tag is the actual anchor. The anchor should be placed at the beginning of the line where you want to start reading after you jump similar to:  

<a name="anchor"></a>

Following our previous example, the anchor code will be: 

<a name="pizza"></a>

When composing your lesson or page, click the code view in the toolbar and enter the anchor code at the beginning of the line where you want to jump.

That's it!

Hi Doug!

To link to other courses or chapters within a course you would have to use the full url of the page you want to link to. 

1 person likes this

okay so this is interesting, many thanks.

But does this mean you don't have an in-built feature that allows certain to content to be addressed automatically.

like for example:

• a course
  • a chapter within a course
  • a bit of content within a chapter within a course
The reason I ask is that it seems that each bit of content does indeed have its own URL:

The reason I want to do this is as follows.  We are using Thinkific to provide training on our Saas platform.  Thinkific is only one of our resources, we also have a full knowledge base, and a support ticket system.  So we'd really like to be able to cross-reference specific training content from those other two sources.

many thanks for any help..

Doug

Login to post a comment