Menu

How to add "read more" drop down content to my landing page?

Hi!

I would like to add a "show/hide" option ("Read More" drop-down content) to my landing page, in the FAQ and About Me sections. I mean, somthing like this:

http://www.cssnewbie.com/example/showhide-content/

("see more" vs "hide this content")

Is it possible to do it in the page editor, or maybe, in the theme editor?

And one more question:

How can I create a table with the same, fixed column width?

I was trying to use a table in the page editor, to create a two-column text. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the columns to be the same width, as they were automaticaly adjusting to the text content. 

Any solution?

Thank you in advance!

Aga

Hi Aga!

To add the option for read more dropdown, you would have to make customization to the page's HTML and CSS. You can do this through the theme editor. 

For table, again you would have to set the formatting through the HTML. You can do this on the text box editor by clicking on the <> button on the toolbar to switch to HTML view.

Hope this helps!

Oliver 

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the feedback.
I still don't know, though, what exactly I should change in the HTML and CSS code to create a dropdown option... Any help?

Best,
Aga

Hi Aga!

This type of customization is a bit more complicated and we recommend to reach out to a freelance web developer if you're not too familiar with HTML and CSS. They can make this change for you very quickly!

Hope this helps!

Oliver

Hi Oliver,
Hiring freelancer costs money and I was hoping to do it by myself, with your little help. I believe changing a bit of code is not that complicated and if I knew what bits of HTML/CSS codes I should use, and where exactly to put them, I think I would manage it. But no worry, I can live without the "read more". Thanks.
Best,
Aga

Hmmm... I too would love to know what that little bit of code is.  I too wold love a drop down/hide box option, for some content to go in.  Maybe this option could be considered.    

Login to post a comment