Menu

What happens when Thinkific is down for scheduled maintenance?

We're always working to make awesome upgrades and feature updates to our Thinkific platform so it includes all the great stuff you want to see! In order to make some of the more fundamental changes, sometimes we need to schedule some routine downtime. We understand you might have some questions about what happens to your course site when Thinkific isn't available. 

So here's everything you need to know about this routine downtime:

How long will the maintenance last?

The maintenance period should be specified in a message we have already sent you. Look out for that message in your inbox or as an instant message when you sign into your Thinkific course site. If you can't find the email or didn't receive it, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us to learn more. 

What happens to my courses?

Your course content will be there for you as soon as we’re finished. If your course site is showing a maintenance message, your students will be unable to access your course material during this time, and any changes you are making to your courses at the time of interruption will NOT be saved!

Do you inform my students about the downtime for me?

No, we don’t notify your users about this brief interruption. However, we will let you know about the required maintenance as soon as possible so you can prepare a notification for your students.

What will my students see if they try to access my course site?

If there is system downtime during the maintenance, your site visitors will see a white-labeled message explaining that your course site is undergoing maintenance and will be available again shortly.

Can I process payments during this time?

If your course site is down, then no, you will be unable to process any payments while your course site is offline. If your course site seems slow or is unresponsive, your sign up form and checkout are likely still accepting payments.

How often does routine maintenance happen?

This is rare, as only fundamental system updates require a period of downtime. Though it’s crucial to make sure our product stays best-in-class, we understand that this may inconvenience you. That’s why we’ll make sure to tell you as far in advance as possible. We’ll send you reminder messages as soon as we determine that system maintenance is necessary, as well we'll message you in the Thinkific dashboard. We also send one final notice on the day of the service interruption if you’re logged into Thinkific.

What do I do in the meantime?

Never fear, your site will be back up and running in no time! Until then, do a little creative brainstorming for your course, or take this time to stretch your legs!

More questions? Post them below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

Thanks I really appreciate how cooperative you are. Hope we will get along together for long.

1 person likes this

I have a course that is not quite ready to publish, however, I want to do a pre-launch post to my work groups on LinkedIn. Where do I find the link to my course information that needs to be included in the pre-launch post?

Hi Ray!

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you send us a bit more info through http://help.thinkific.com/support/tickets/new and our support team can point you in the right direction.

Login to post a comment