Menu

How can you organize videos?

Currently in the video library, all the videos are lumped in together.  If I have a custom welcome message for each course, I can't just use welcome.avi, I need to use a custom title.  How come there isn't a way to create folders to organize videos into specific courses?  Is that a feature that's coming in the future?

3 people have this question

Hi Sam!

Although in the video library the files are all shown together you can then go to the course builder to add your videos into a specific course (more on that here). You don't need to worry too much about the file titles as these will only be visible to you - the students will see whatever name you give the video lesson.

We are considering some improvements to the video library in the future, though, as folders would definitely be useful. Thanks for the feedback! You can also go here to submit your request directly to our product team: https://portal.prodpad.com/18563

Cheers!

Catherine

1 person likes this

Hey! Yep folders for videos would be great - we have found that using filenames can help eg coursename module unit etc in the video filename goes a long way - but folders would be good! when you get time ;) Love the platform - thanks to all involved! 

1 person likes this
I agree completely - we're going to have to manage MANY videos over time, either by topic or client.  We will really need a way to organize these, please employ this feature if possible?

Hi Stacy!

Thanks for the request! I've flagged it for our Product team so they can take it into consideration.

Cheers,

Catherine

Me too. If your team make video library to organize as a category or folders, it can be very useful to create courses for us. Please be hurry. Now video library was lumped together and difficult to find out because a lot of videos together.

Thanks,

Login to post a comment