Menu

Drip Content Timing

Hello!

Is it possible to adjust the timing of my Drip Content schedule? I'm in Australia, and my lessons are released at 10:30am on the day the Drip content is scheduled, which is too late for many of my students, who want to go through their course materials before work.

I changed it manually, but don't want to have to do this everyday.

Can this be adjusted based on time zone? 

Thanks!

2 people have this question

Hi Kirsty!

Our drip schedule feature is based around 12am UTC.

So, for a drip schedule based on student-enrollment date, where the first piece of content is set to be released 1 day after enrollment, the student would have access to it next time the clock hits 12am UTC.

For a drip schedule based on calendar-enrollment date, the content will always be available as of 12:01 am UTC on the date set for the drip schedule.

This isn't something we can change right now, and apologies for that as I know it's inconvenient for those of you in timezones ahead of UTC.

I'm going to flag this issue for the team, and you can also go here to submit your feedback directly to them: https://portal.prodpad.com/18563

For now, one recommendation would be to include the information on UTC in your introductory lesson, which will hopefully avoid any surprises about unavailable content for your students.

If you have any further questions at all, then just let us know.

Thanks!

Catherine

Thanks Catherine,

I had to manually adjust the course content availability every day this week, so have sent a message directly to your team.

Kirsty

I just released a course to my students and they can't see the content.  I have published the course and have adjusted my drip schedule and nothing seems to be working.  What am I missing?

Celeste

Hi Celeste!

Looks like our support team got this figured out for you now - i.e. the content was in Draft mode

If anything urgent comes up it is always best to contact us directly as that's the quickest way to get a response.

But if you have any questions where you think the answer would benefit the whole community then absolutely post it on our forums!

Cheers,

Catherine

I'm a little confused about the drip content time. For example: If the content for Day 7 (which is July 7 let's say) is released at 12:01am UTC, would that mean that the content would be available to people on PST at 5:01 pm on July 6th?  Is that the same time that the email notificaitonwill go out as well?? 

And piggybacking on that, can I custom edit the notification emails?

Thanks! Tracey

Hi Tracey!

Yes, that's correct drip content releases on Jul 7 at 12:01 am UTC will be available for people on PST on Jul 6 at 5:01pm. 

Currently the email notifications that you can edit are:

• Site welcome email
  • Course welcome email
  • Completion emails

Hope this helps!

Oliver

Login to post a comment