Menu

upgrade options so a user doesn't lose their previous progress

Hi, I'd like to stucture my course so that there are two levels of materials available - one at basic level (I won't call it that!) which I'd like to make available as a free trial to start off with through a discount code, and then a series of premium chapters for people who want to upgrade (they'll also get access to a private FB group). What's the best way to structure this? Can it be done in one course or do the premium chapters need to be in a separte course? I like the idea of there being locked modules which can't be accessed til the user has paid. Hope that makes sense and you can help.

Hi there!

Happy to help.

The simplest way to handle that would be with a single course, where you set some of the content to be free trial content.

They can then upgrade from within the course player to get access to the full course content - and when they upgrade, you can send them an automated email with details on how to access the Facebook group, or even create a lesson for that within your course.

That should work great! Let us know if you have any further questions at all.

Thanks,

Catherine

Hi Catherine, thanks for you advice to First Last.

Where can I find instructions on how to do that?

I am laoding 10 lessons with teh 1st three free.Where/how do you trigger an upgrade to paid?

Hi Steve,

Here are some instructions on setting up that free trial.

Any lessons that aren't free will have a CTA button, encouraging the user to upgrade directly from within the course player.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Catherine

Login to post a comment