Menu

Hide course curriculum section from my landing page

How do i hide course curriculum section from my landing page Horizon theme?

6 people have this question

Hi Kosal!

You might be on a nwere version of the theme which lets you use the updated page builder. With the new page builder, you can remove sections easily on the course editor without having to dig into the code!

Hope this helps!

Hello! 

I'm not sure if it's my exhausted brain or not but I have the horizon theme and my code does not look like the one in the screen shot above! 
I'm trying to hide my curriculum from the landing page because students are seeing a 'There's no content' message.

Coding scares me but I'm willing to give it a shot if I know exactly what to delete!

Thank you! :)

Hi Chris!

You are able to see all the content right away and through the course landing page because you're logged in as the Site Admin. You can try logging out of your site or open in a new incognito/private window to see what a potential student will see. 

Then try purchasing the course (with a coupon) to see what the student experience will be like. 

Hope this helps!

Hello,

Maybe this is an obvious question... I've set my course content to be released on 10th September but when I enter preview mode on the landing page, I'm able to hover over a course video, click it and then access the video. 

Am I correct in thinking students WON'T be able to do that when they land on the landing page BEFORE BUYING?

I want the course curriculum on the landing page so people can see the names of the chapters and lessons etc but I don't want potential customers to be able to access the videos just by clicking them - especially before purchasing and before the scheduled release date. 

Surely that defeats the point?

Many thanks. 

Chris 

Hi Ellen! 

Yes, the new updated page builder is available now! You can check out these articles for more info:

Hope this helps

is the quick fix ready yet? I'm scared to do the codey thing/

Hi Valentina!

You can export your current Theme on your Thinkific site first. Open this file and add your CSS and HTML code into this. Then you can import this modified Theme back into Thinkific. You can also check out this article to see how customizations are made: Custom Themes. 

Hope this helps!

Hi, 

I ´m building a website with a blog and I need to integrate an LMS, this client wants the look and feel exactly as his site. Is it possible to upload the HTML and CSS file? In order to have your own template? 

Hi Malin!

Sorry to keep you waiting on this! We definitely want to release the new feature asap! We're just doing some final testing to make sure everything works properly. 

Keep an eye out for any notifications on your admin dashboard!

Thanks,

Oliver

When are "the few weeks" over?! 

Would really help me as well!

Thanx!

1 person likes this

Hi Greg!

Looks like you're currently using our Default Theme - we have some instructions for removing the curriculum from the Default Theme here.

Or, if you can wait a few weeks I definitely would - our drag-and-drop course landing page builder will enable you to move/delete sections, no code required :)

Cheers,

Catherine

IS EASY FIX AVAILABLE? To hide course curriculum section from my landing page. 

1 person likes this

Hi Sarah,

It looks like you may have hit just "/" rather than "Ctrl + /" or "Cmd + ?" when commenting out the code.

No worries, you can also just completely delete the section if you like (that works too!)

I've put the theme back to the way it was and commented out that section for you - for some reason the "/" was showing in About the Instructor?!

I hope that helps! You'll be pleased to know we have a drag-and-drop editor soon that will make it much easier to add/delete sections. Watch out for news of that in the coming weeks :)

Thanks!

Catherine

Thank you for this... I am left with the / on the screen in place of the text I've deleted... how can I get rid of that please?

Hi Nancy,

Very shortly we'll be releasing a change that will make this much easier! So if you'd like to avoid playing with code, and can wait a little to do this, then I definitely would ;)

If not, then you can find the code for the curriculum and highlight it as shown in the screenshot below:

Then hit Ctrl or Cmd + / to "comment out" (i.e. deactivate) that code:

Save your changes by going to File > Save and that's it!

Thanks,

Catherine

Login to post a comment