Menu

Social Media Icons

Is there a simple way to add social media icons to the header bar?

I would like to add a set to include: email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Soundcloud 

Thank you

Peter

2 people have this question

Hi Peter,

You could do this by customising the HTML/CSS for your site using our Themes feature, but that does require some savvy with code.

If that's not something you're too familiar with, then it may be simpler to add links into the course description - most social media platforms will give you a "widget" that you can copy-and-paste into a page (check out this article for more info). So you can take the widget code that Facebook gives you for example and paste that into the HTML (<>) view of the course description editor.

If you get stuck with that at any point please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Many thanks,

Catherine

Thanks Catherine. Perhaps in time you could provide the code required for the main social media platforms with instructions on how to add via themes. In the meantime I will go with widgets.

1 person likes this

Hi Peter,

Absolutely hear you on that one - I'll put it on my list of articles to write :)

Best,

Catherine

1 person likes this
Catherine,
Thank you - I agree with Peter on this. I am working on my first course and sent to people to "test" - the first question - I want to send and tweet about this but can't - you need to take care of it.
Laura

1 person likes this

Another vote for this one please. To be able to have a bar (moving along when you scroll) on the side of the screen, with share buttons for all big social media platforms would be great. Kind of surprised this doesn't exist yet. Many thanks and keep up the good work :)

1 person likes this

Hi Karin!

You could use our integration with SumoMe to place social media sharing buttons on your site. You can check out more info here.

Hope this helps!

Oliver

1 person likes this

I am very disappointed trying your templates without social"sharing icons" for my courses!!...you have to improve your programs! Namaste'

Hi Sophie! 

Thanks for the feedback! I think this is a great idea and you can send it directly to our product team through this link: https://portal.prodpad.com/18563

Thanks!

Oliver

Login to post a comment