Menu

Can students re-watch a video?

Hello, I went into my site as a made-up student to test what a student will experience.  I noticed as I finished each video, I was unable to click on the title again to re-watch the video.  I happened to click on the green circle with a check mark next to the title designating that I'd finished the video and was able to re-watch that way.  This seems confusing--Why can't students simply click on the title again?

Thanks!

3 people have this question

Hi Elizabeth,

Ah I see what you mean. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We are currently working on a new version of our Course Player, so this is an excellent time to flag things like this - I'll let the team know.

The new Course Player is also currently available to you as a Beta version if you want to try it out. More on that here

Thanks!

Catherine

Yes, I find it very annoying that students can't listen to lessons again. The course I am  building [Relax the Mind to Sleep] is one where they are asked to learn by heart through listening 3-4 times, including twice directly after one another, without pausing in between.
What I would like is an instant replay button, or a "loop" button for continual replay.
And the "click the green circle" trick doesn't work when I preview as a student.
Cheers
Lars

1 person likes this

Hi Lars!

Students can replay lessons by navigating away and then back to the lesson, but I know that's not ideal.

If you'd like to submit your feedback directly to our product team, please visit https://portal.prodpad.com/18563

Thanks!

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for that. Yes, as you say, the current function is not ideal. And I have submitted a suggestion for the change that I would like to see.

Now, in relation to my question and your reply, I'm also wondering what happens when students have completed the course. If a student goes through every single lesson, all the way to the completion page and completion email, and then a few weeks later (still within the expiry time) wants to review some of the lessons, can they do that?

Kindly
Lars

Hey Lars!

Thanks for submitting that suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback!

In regards to customers of yours who finish a course and want to return to it, as long as their enrollment in the course is still valid (i.e. not expired) then they can return to any lesson in the course they have already completed. Their progress will not be changed (e.g. if someone has 100% progress, going back to a previous lesson won't change that).

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Aaron

Hello,

I just wanted to chime in this topic and upvote the change request to be able to replay a video at will. I also tested Elizabeth's workaround to untick the green check mark and it did not work for me either. Navigating away does not work either unless you go through the entire course or logout and log back in so the pointer that remembers where you were is reset.  I am in agreement that this is a fairly important irritant, especially if you have content that is designed to be viewed and reviewed like a reference manual.  Thanks for looking into this!

Johanne

Hey Johanne!

Thanks for the feedback! You can make a feature request here for this change: https://portal.prodpad.com/18563

If you're curious, here's how we receive and process feature requests here at Thinkific :)

Login to post a comment