Menu

Can't edit landing page

Is anyone else having problems editing their landing pages? I can edit my curriculum but for some reason it won't let me edit my landing page today. It's never been a problem before! Have Thinkific changed the way you edit it recently? There's no obvious option to do so.

2 people have this question

Hi Master Cody!

You can update your banner from the course builder under Landing Page > Banner.

If you're stuck with an update you're trying to make then please reach out to our support team directly with the details and they'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Catherine

Hello

Master Cody here. I"m working to edit the banner on my landing page. I wish to edit the  the banner, Your Demo  Course, How?

Hi Matt!

The text that you're seeing right now can be edited under Landing Page > Banner in the course guilder. The field names are Banner Title and Banner Subtitle.

If you make those fields empty and save it that will remove the text (the in-page preview might not update right away, but if you select Preview Course > Landing Page in the top right you should see the change).

To remove the "Taught by" go to Advanced Settings > Modify Site Text on your admin dashboard. Select to "Customize" the snippet for "Taught by", type in a blank space, and hit Save.

That should remove all the text from your course banner :)

Thanks!

Catherine

1 person likes this

Hi,

I have text in the banner image I have uploaded for my course landing page and don't need the banner text or the 'taught by' text. The banner text, which I have tried to delete - but it won't disappear - has been hidden by the overlaying image. The 'taught by' text is visible and makes a nice banner look really bad. How can I totally remove the banner text and 'taught by' text from my course landing page header? 

It looks to be pulling the information from some of the basic information that I input to start the course development process.

Regards

Thanks everyone! I was trying to edit in the preview pane. Could not figure out that I had to click on "description."

Appreciate the help!

Hi Andrew, I finally worked it out! They have changed the way you edit now. Instead of editing on the main page you see, you have a left menu (very similar to creating course curriculum). If you click on 'description' it will open the copy in the left panel for you to edit there. 

Hope that helps!

Hi Hannnah - thanks for the update! Glad you got it figured out and apologies for any confusion there :)

Andy - Looks like my colleague Rob already got back to you in an email thread, but let me know if you're still having issues.

We do also have a video that will help you with navigating our new course builder in this article - http://help.thinkific.com/support/solutions/articles/217323-creating-a-sales-landing-page-for-your-course

Thanks!

Catherine

I have the same problem. I can't put my cursor anywhere on my landing page. I can select text, but no way to edit it. I have the same behavior in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Any help is appreciated!

Andy

Hi Catherine

Thanks so much for your reply. After sending the message I managed to resolve it myself (you have moved the edit function to a side panel rather than editing in the main body as before). I did try to delete/amend my message to say all was fine but couldn't find it to do so!

Kind regards, Hannah

Hi Hannah!

We haven't had any reports of an issue like this recently.

If you can send some more information/screenshots about the issues that you're seeing to our support team (reach them here), we'll get this figured out for you.

One quick troubleshooting thing you can try is to use a different browser/an incognito window - if it works then, it's probably a browser extension you have installed that's causing the troubles.

Please let us know how you get on!

Thanks!

Catherine

Login to post a comment