Menu
Answered

Can't change font color in new course builder

Hello,

The new course builder that was just released claims that the Banner Title and Banner Subtitle colors can be changed:

http://help.thinkific.com/support/solutions/articles/217323-creating-a-sales-landing-page-for-your-course

However, there is no option to do so. The little box to select the color isn't there.

I've tried using both Firefox and Google Chrome with all addons/plugins disabled.

Best Answer

Hi Riley,

I did some further digging into this for you and got it figured out -

To be able to change your banner title and subtitle colour, you need to have the latest version of our themes applied to your course. I've already done this for you, but here's how I did it:

1. Go to your Theme Library and hit My Themes in the top right.

2. On the next page, you'll see your list of themes. To have the option to change your banner title/subtitle colours, you'll need to make sure the one you have activated is version number 7 or higher.

If you don't have a version 7 theme, hit Create New Theme at the bottom of the page.

3. Then select to activate the new theme.

4. You'll now have a theme enabled that is V7 or higher.

5. Head back to the Course Builder and, under Landing Page > Themes, scroll down to select your chosen landing page layout.

6. Under Landing Page > Banner, you'll now see the option to change the colour of the Banner Title and Subtitle text.

Hi Riley,

Apologies for the delayed response there.

With the updated course builder, you do have the option to change the Banner Title and Banner Subtitle colours. To enable this option you will need to make sure that you're using the latest version of your landing page theme.

To upgrade your current theme, head to the Themes page of your admin dashboard.

Let us know if you get stuck with that at all!

Thanks,

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for the response, but I feel like you left out a step. Head to the Themes page and then.... what? There is no option to update the themes. It just shows me which themes I have already applied, and the others that I can apply.

Riley

Answer

Hi Riley,

I did some further digging into this for you and got it figured out -

To be able to change your banner title and subtitle colour, you need to have the latest version of our themes applied to your course. I've already done this for you, but here's how I did it:

1. Go to your Theme Library and hit My Themes in the top right.

2. On the next page, you'll see your list of themes. To have the option to change your banner title/subtitle colours, you'll need to make sure the one you have activated is version number 7 or higher.

If you don't have a version 7 theme, hit Create New Theme at the bottom of the page.

3. Then select to activate the new theme.

4. You'll now have a theme enabled that is V7 or higher.

5. Head back to the Course Builder and, under Landing Page > Themes, scroll down to select your chosen landing page layout.

6. Under Landing Page > Banner, you'll now see the option to change the colour of the Banner Title and Subtitle text.

Login to post a comment