Menu

Tagging Customers Who Purchase A Bundle

Hey there!

My Problem

I was looking over both the documentation and the features available in the app and could not find a way to tag customers who purchase a bundle in ConvertKit.

I also looked at the Zapier integration, and it does not appear that I can take custom fields from the order and trigger events their either.

Is this possible?

If not, how do I submit a feature request for this.

Why It's Important

My ultimate goal is to direct customers to sign up for our monthly membership. This monthly membership is a bundle of all of our classes.

By tagging them when they have purchased the bundle, I can stop marketing sequences that will be promoting this bundle.

I'm not sure if by purchasing the bundle customers are automatically enrolled in all of the classes. IF that is the case I can ensure they don't receive 20 sequences at once by excluding customers that have purchased the bundle.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Comment

Hi Johnny!

Happy to help.

You will be able to tag users who purchase a bundle via our direct ConvertKit integration. When setting up your tagging in the Thinkific dashboard, select to tag by Orders. You can then set up tagging for specific courses, bundles, even additional pricing options.

It's worth noting that this option won't send over custom field information, so if that's a major thing that you need, I would use Zapier. On Zapier, if you use the trigger for New User you'll be able to send over custom field information into ConvertKit. You can set up two Zaps: One for New User to create them in ConvertKit; One for New Order to tag the user based on which product they purchased. 

I'm also going to have a chat with our product team about sending over custom field information with all Zaps and via our ConvertKit integration too :)

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch with us at customers@thinkific.com.

Thanks!

Catherine

Login to post a comment