Menu

How do I duplicate a content?

Hi,

I wish to have a survey at the beginning of a chapter, and the same survey at the end. Can I just copy and paste this specific content?

Thanks

Eric

1 person has this question

Hi Eric!

There isn't a way to duplicate individual pieces of content at this point in time, but it's definitely something we can consider for the future. If you'd like to submit your request to the product team, you can do that from this page.

Happy to help if you have any further questions at all.

Thanks!

Catherine

I HAD THIS PLATFORM WORKING FOR ME IN "PAGES".  I COPIED AND PASTED A DOCUMENT FROM WORD SO "AFTER THE COPY AND PASTE", I COULD INSERT YOU TUBE VIDEOS.  I SAVED IT, VIEWED AS STUDENT AND ALL WORKED FAIRLY WELL.  

SO I NOW CREATED A NEW PAGE AND NO MATTER WHAT I COPY FROM A WORD DOC, IT PASTES THE SAME INFO INTO THE NEW PAGE AS THE FIRST.  VERY FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW.

IF I USE YOUR INSERT A FILE LINK, THE USER MUST CLICK ON THE LINK AND I CANNOT INSERT A VIDEO.  NOT WHAT I WANT.  

IS THERE A WAY AROUND THIS?

THANK YOU, JUDI

Hi Judi,

Apologies as that does sound frustrating.

It sounds like you may still have the old text from Word on your clipboard - I would recommend going back to Word and try copying the text again.

If that doesn't work then if you can send a message to our tech support they'll get this figured out for you. You can reach them from this page: http://help.thinkific.com/support/tickets/new

Thanks!

Catherine

Hi I have 2 separate courses. Course 1 is a stand alone class but we also want to copy and embedded it as as a subsection of the Course 2. If I keep the URL the same, can I do this without loosing any of the ability to sell Course 1 on it's own?

Hi Lori,

The best approach would be to copy Course 1 and then add the rest of the content to the copy to make Course 2.

You'll then have two courses, so will definitely be able to sell Course 1 individually.

Alternatively, you could also achieve what you need using our Bundles feature. Make Course 1 and Course 2 separately and then sell them as a Bundle. More on that here

Thanks!

Catherine

I alsovote for being able to copy quizzes and surveys.  My course will have 42 of the same quizzes and 6-8 of the same survey.

4 people like this

Agree. Copying and pasting the same 6 questions and responses is tedious and ineffecient. 

I created a standalone test module with multiple quizzes, and I am building a new module that will use those same quizzes, am I able to take the quiz sections and put them in a new course I am building?

Hi Joseph!

As we don't have a way to copy individual pieces of content right now, the best way to do that would be to duplicate the whole course and then customise the copied version to make the new one - delete lessons, add lessons, etc.

You can also create a quiz via CSV import, so you could set your quizzes up in there and simply import the questions whenever you make a new course that needs one of those quizzes.

Happy to help if you have any further questions at all.

Thanks!

Catherine

Login to post a comment