Menu

Stripe isn't supported in my country, how can I accept payments?

If Stripe isn't supported in your country, there are a few other options for accepting payments:

1. You can apply to use Stripe Atlas which enables entrepreneurs to incorporate a U.S. entity so that they can accept payments through Stripe. To find out if Stripe Atlas is right for you explore the FAQ.

2. You can integrate with PayPal. For detailed instructions on connecting a Paypal account click here. Please note that the PayPal integration is not available with the Starter plan, but an option with any of our other plans: Essentials, Business and Advanced. 

3. You can accept payments outside of Thinkific and then either a) manually enrol students to courses,  b) issue coupon codes to students, or c) make courses hidden and supply students with the course link. 

4. On our Business plan, you can link another payment gateway with your site via Zapier.

5. On our Advanced plan, you can integrate your Thinkific site with a payment gateway of your choice using our API.

*For a full list of Stripe's supported countries click here.

*To be notified when Stripe is supported in your country sign up here

6 people have this question

Why is Paypal not available with the Starter Plan..I was all fired up to create my first course on Thinkific. This came out as a bummer. Stripe isn;t supported in my country (India). I can used Paypal Express Checkout if you allow.

Please help

1 person likes this

Hi Anand,

The way our PayPal integration is built means that it cannot be available on our Starter plan right now. Full disclosure - we don't have a way of taking our 10% transaction fees with our current integration, which is why it's on paid plans only.

Apologies as we know this isn't ideal for countries where Stripe isn't available yet. Improving our PayPal integration is one of our priorities for this year. For now, as you don't have the option to use Stripe and if you're not ready for a paid plan just yet, we'd be happy to give you a free trial of the Essentials plan until you're up and running. If you get in touch with us directly then we'll take it from there!

Thanks,

Catherine

1 person likes this

HI,

I am from Brazil and I am testing Thinkific platform. The platform is really good and have all what we want. The problem is the payment method,  in Brazil Paypal is not to strong and  Stripe isn't supported yet. 

Than, I saw that I can support others platforms from zapier or API integration. However, I cant't test it because it is part of the business plan. I would like to test the e-comerce by shopify . Shopify has 14 days free to test, Zapier too. 

Cold you give me a free trial of the business plan for 14 days? 

It is very important to us. It will help us to decide to assign or not the thinkific business plan.

Thanks 

Hi Jorge,

Welcome to Thinkific!

If you reach out to us directly with your site URL, we can get you set up on a free trial.

However, you may not need to set up a Shopify integration - Stripe is currently on Beta for Brazil, so if you get in touch with them they may be able to give you an account. (We do have other customers in Brazil, using Stripe successfully already)

Happy to help if you have any further questions at all.

Thanks!

Catherine

Hi: I am from Pakistan.  Neither Stripe nor Paypal is working in this country.  Do I have any other option?  Are Master or Visa Credit Cards available for use by our students for paying their fees?  Thanks

Moosa

Hi Moosa!

Thanks for considering Thinkific!

Students can certainly pay you via credit card, but you do need a payment gateway (e.g. Stripe or PayPal) to process that payment for you.

If there's a payment gateway available in Pakistan that you'd like to use, then you could link it to your site via Zapier.

Or, you could also take payment outside of Thinkific and use option 3 from above.

Happy to help if you have any further questions at all.

Many thanks,

Catherine

Hi Veronica, your work in this forum is great! Thank you for the options and the ideas.
I am new to Thinkific, but i like it a lot. Unfortunately, Stripe does not work for my country as well. I plan to use Essential or some of the other plans in the near future - I plan to invest my first income from the courses in this. Until then I will have to use your idea No 3. and make payments via PayPal and a) manually enroll students to my courses :( which will for sure lower the conversions.
But if I decide to use this option - How do I remove the option that the course is Free - which is default if I do not specify a payment method? If the Thinkific states that my course is FREE and I charge for the course - it will be confusing for my potential students - which will lower the conversions even further :(
Thanks for your help

Hi Ivica!

Glad you're liking the forums!

You can customize the buy buttons for your site using Themes. We have some instructions for that here: http://help.thinkific.com/support/discussions/topics/313422

Do you want to change the buy button to link to PayPal, or would you prefer to remove the button altogether?

Thanks,

Catherine

Hi, We are so glad to see there are more options!!!! In Guatemala there is no paypal or stripe available.

We are thinking in using either option 3 or 4. But we need more assistance for this. Do you have more links or videos, that explain how to implement each option in our site. Or can we schedule a skype meeting to explain to you our doubts.

thank you

Hi Ana!

Glad to hear that those options will work for you. Here are some articles with more information on the options:

Manually enrolling students

Creating coupon codes

Using Zapier to link your site with another payment gateway

If you'd like to discuss any of these options in more detail, then please contact our support team directly and we'll take it from there!

Thanks,

Catherine

Login to post a comment