Menu

Can I prevent students from sharing logins?

There's no way to prevent students from sharing logins, but we don't see this issue often. 

This is for a couple of reasons:

On a shared account, it would be hard for an individual to keep track of their progress through the course. For example, because the content would already be marked as complete. So there's little benefit to login sharing.

Also, generally, most online students are honorable people!

You will be able to track student activity from your admin dashboard to keep watch for login sharing. If you spot anything suspicious you can always reach out to the user and remove their access if you choose to.

If you're particularly concerned, our Mixpanel integration makes login sharing even easier to spot. You'll be able to see whether the same account is being accessed from multiple locations. (Bearing in mind that it may just be the same person on different devices of course!)

4 people have this question

Hi, is it possible to simply logout ALL sessions when a new user do the login? So there are no way to multi access. Do you think is it possible?

Hi Francesco!

Currently we don't have this feature but I'll pass this feedback to our product team.

Thanks!

We would love to have this as well!

Yes indeed. It would be a useful feature, if you could make it work without blocking bonafide students trying to login from different computers.

I would like to have something similar as we offer certain programmes, where students have to sit an external exam. So, there is a possibility that multiple students can share the same account.

Another vote for the auto-logout feature! Higher value courses tend to have this issue more often.

Login to post a comment