Menu
Answered

Multiple Currencies

My audience is international.

Is it possible (or are there any plans) to show pricing in different currencies depending where they are?

(specifically US$, GBP and Euro)

(For example I've used this plugin - https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-all-in-one-currency-converter/11519287?ref=Dev49net - on my self-built wordpress site. This kind of thing would be ideal - i.e. automatically adjusting price display based on geolocation)

If not, is there any way to at least manually show the price in alternative currencies somehow (e.g. the "system" price is X, but below is some manually entered text showing a rough conversion)?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi John!

At this point in time currency is applied site wide, but we do understand the need to be able to charge customers in their local currency so it's definitely something we're looking into implementing (and I've flagged you as another vote for that with the product team).

For now, if you do have audiences in different countries and would like to be able to cater to them, you have a few options:

1. Create a Thinkific site for each country. The benefit of that is that you'd also be able to customise the domain, copy, content, etc to a specific audience too. And we can give you a hand with copying your courses between sites if you need us to.

2. Link your site with an external payment gateway that supports multiple currencies. You're able to do that via our Zapier integration. More on that here. 

My recommendation would be option 2 as the simplest way of handling this.

If you'd be interested in discussing either of these options further, feel free to get in touch via the HELP page on your admin dashboard.

Thanks!

Catherine

5 people have this question

Answer

Hi John!

At this point in time currency is applied site wide, but we do understand the need to be able to charge customers in their local currency so it's definitely something we're looking into implementing (and I've flagged you as another vote for that with the product team).

For now, if you do have audiences in different countries and would like to be able to cater to them, you have a few options:

1. Create a Thinkific site for each country. The benefit of that is that you'd also be able to customise the domain, copy, content, etc to a specific audience too. And we can give you a hand with copying your courses between sites if you need us to.

2. Link your site with an external payment gateway that supports multiple currencies. You're able to do that via our Zapier integration. More on that here. 

My recommendation would be option 2 as the simplest way of handling this.

If you'd be interested in discussing either of these options further, feel free to get in touch via the HELP page on your admin dashboard.

Thanks!

Catherine

2 people like this

Hi Catherine,

I would like to vote this up as well.

I did not realise the currency was across the site but thought it was course specific.

Definitely an important element with course international course content.

Rgds

Phil

3 people like this

Another vote to have this feature added to one of the future releases. 

3 people like this

I want to sell only courses for my country, but how to set the currency of my country? How to set the currency symbol (R$)? Will Paypal automatically charge in the currency of my country?

Hey Fernando,

Once you have a Stripe account linked to your site, you'll be able to change the currency for your pricing. That will be applied for both Stripe and PayPal payments.

Stripe is currently in Beta for Brazil (more info here), but if you reach out to them you should be able to get an account. If not, then get in touch with the team and we'll look into some other options for you :)

Cheers!

Catherine

Another vote as well please.

1 person likes this

Hi,

Another vote from here.

Multiple currencies is a very important feature. I was surprised to notice that there is no way to change it.

Cheers!

2 people like this

Another upvote.  I need it too...

1 person likes this

Hi Thinkific team,

How do you ensure performance of the video streaming in different parts of the world?

Suppose as per your recommendation, we create different sites for different countries. .For Example if the course if targeting audience in India, how do you ensure the performance would be good when users are streaming videos in India.

Also how can we setup payment option for countries not currently supporting Stripe  Eg: In India Stripe is not supported. What other options do I have?

1 person likes this

Hey guys!

Thanks for the feedback - letting us know what you need is exactly how we know what to build!

If you'd also like to submit your request directly to our product team, we have a portal for that here: https://portal.prodpad.com/18563

And please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions at all :)

Thanks!

Catherine

2 people like this

Hi AJ,

We host the videos for you on Wistia, one of the best streaming services out there. Wistia ensures that you will always have the best possible playback performance, regardless of your location/internet connection. For example, when a viewer presses play on a video, it will be delivered from the server closest to them. You can find more info on that in their FAQ: https://wistia.com/support/faq (under Delivery).

For your question re: taking payment - we have lots of customers in countries where Stripe isn't supported. There's an article on alternative ways to take payment for your courses here: http://help.thinkific.com/support/discussions/topics/313873

I hope that helps, and please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions at all.

Thanks!

Catherine

Up vote for me too. And Im off to the product team portal.

I have UK specific content (medico-legally totally different from anywhere else in the world) and of course I want to demonstrate my comprehension of the UK customer by charging in GBP - yet the UK is merely ONE country and my content is globally applicable, so I would default to USD.

I'm creating two courses - one for the UK and one for ROW. Would be good to have two currencies at course level. I'm using STRIPE so at least the customer can pay in more than GBP/USD but being able to communicate what the cost is before they hit STRIPE would I consider improve my conversion rate.

Didnt appreciate that this would be a problem. Thanks for considering this development topic. I'm a Thinkific fan!

1 person likes this

We need to offer pricing on our courses in multiple countries also. But we'd settle for US / EURO / POUNDS for starters. Can you tell us how soon this may be available? Customers are already asking for it and we just launched our site!

1 person likes this

Just wondering what I need to do to enable people to pay in sterling as well as dollars? Thanks.

Login to post a comment