If you already have an existing website (e.g. hosted on Wordpress, Squarespace, etc) and would like to integrate it with your Thinkific courses, then here are some tips for that:
1. Personalize the URL for your Thinkific site - Our custom domain feature allows to have your Thinkific site available at your own domain; so for example, if your existing site is at www.yourdomain.com then you can customize the URL for your Thinkific site to have it at courses.yourdomain.com or another subdomain of your choosing. That way, as far as your students are concerned, everything will appear to be handled on your own website.
2. Brand your Thinkific site - Head to the Branding page of your admin dashboard to customize the site colours and logo to match your existing site.
3. Include a link to Thinkific as part of your website's navbar - E.g. add a navbar item called "Courses" that links out to your Thinkific site. On our side, head to Advanced Settings > Logo URL in your dashboard to make the logo in your site header link back to your website.
4. White label your Thinkific site - as part of the Business plan, you're able to remove the Thinkific branding from your site pages.
5. Link directly to checkout - if you're using your existing website as the sales page for your course, you're able to link directly to the checkout page on Thinkific. Here's how
I hope this helps! And if you have any additional questions, just let us know below.
Any recommendation for Wordpress themes that resemble Thinkific's site?
No spring to mind right now, but as Wordpress and Thinkific are both fully customizable you should be able to tweak both sites to get them looking as similar as possible :)
It might be worth posting this in our Facebook group too as I'm sure somebody there will have some tips for you.
Do I need to publish my course before taking the baove steps? Or can I start the subdomains and connecting to my site before I publish the course? Neither are dealbreakers, I'm just curious if I need to or, not, as I'm still tweaking stuff.
You can definitely set up your custom domain before publishing your course.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend adding the link to Thinkific on your external site, unless you want site visitors to be able to see your site before it's ready.
That said, adding the link could be a good way to generate some pre-launch interest! How about putting up a quick pre-launch landing page, with some free content that people can sign up for or an email opt-in?
The way, when people find and click on the link you're already gathering some leads ;)