Menu

Mark Course as Complete Manually

Is there a way to mark a course as complete manually? My course is a live session, and the course shouldn't be marked as complete until the person attends the live session. Is there a way for an admin to manually mark courses as complete, if need be?

Thanks!

1 person has this question

Hi Chellie,

Thanks for that further info!

If the course is completely live, then the simplest thing may just be to keep a record of whether the student has completed the course or not outside of Thinkific (e.g. using a spreadsheet).

Alternatively, if you need to track everything directly from Thinkific, one option I can think of is to create a hidden course where you only give the student the link to it once you've completed the training session with them. Perhaps in the course you could include a feedback survey for them to take (just so that they have some kind of content in there to complete!). Then once they've completed the survey, that will mark them has having completed the live training.

I hope that helps, but if you still have questions please get in touch via the HELP page on your admin dashboard and we can discuss further.

Cheers,

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

Right now we have an extensive manual process, and I'm looking to automate this process as much as possible.

One way I thought about was to give the students a 'code' at the end of training that they enter, but it would have to be validated as the 'correct code.' Of course there's no way to natively do it here - I might could use Multimedia - but I'm trying to figure out where it would go.

If you all had a "fill in the blank" quiz option, I could've used that.

Once they enter the correct code it would automatically go to complete, which is what we're trying to automate better in our process.

Does that help?

Best,
Chellie

1 person likes this

Hi Chellie!

Good question! We don't have a way for instructors to mark a course complete on behalf of the student at this point in time - are you looking for this because you want hold off on issuing course completion certificates until the live training has been completed?

If so, one option would be to not use the automated certificates feature and then simply manually send the student their certificate following the live training.

If that's not quite what you're looking for, then if you can give a little further info I'll see what I can come up with :)

Best!

Catherine

Login to post a comment