Menu

Can I change the thumbnails for my videos?

The default thumbnail for videos being used directly within courses is a black screen - we don't have a way to change this right now, but we are able to change the thumbnail for videos from your video library that you're embedding into your site pages (e.g. your course landing page).

If you have a video like this that you'd like to change the thumbnail for, please send us a message via the HELP page on your admin dashboard. We'll need to know:

- Which video you'd like changed

- What you'd like the thumbnail to be - you can give us a time in the video and we'll use that frame, or send over an image (a 16:9 ratio are the recommended dimensions for this).

Please note that this is an interim thing - as soon as we can we'll be making it so that you'll be able to change your thumbnails, add captions, and more directly from your admin dashboard, so watch out for that :)

2 people have this question

You dont say where you want this thumbnail to show, but you can set a still image that is displayed where you have a video embedded. 

Upload your video to your video library. Then use the Thinkific feature to select that video and embed it into your page.

Switch to html format (the <> button at the left of the toolbar)

Find the code for the image - it'll look something like this:

<p></p><iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/i102w8p1kt" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen="" width="600" height="366"></iframe>

and insert a link to your chosen still image after the end of the file name and before the " (note - the image must be online somewhere, maybe you can use your website to store it) 

Here's the link I have in a separate text file and just copy & paste it in whenever I need it: 

?stillUrl=http://momoho.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/momoho_video_thumbnail-1.png

Paste that in to create this (pasted bit is highlighted)

<p></p><iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/i102w8p1kt?stillUrl=http://momoho.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/momoho_video_thumbnail-1.png" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen="" width="600" height="366"></iframe>

and you'll get the image showing as the still before the video is played.

1 person likes this

Is there anyway to change the size of the inserted "youtube" video when we add it to the text section?  It would be great to have it play the same

size as if we had uploaded a video.  

Hey John!

Sure - you can specify the dimensions when in the HTML (<>) view for the editor. If you need a hand with us, feel free to get in touch via the HELP button on your admin dashboard.

Thanks!

Catherine

Login to post a comment