Menu

Can I delete a course?

If you'd like to delete a test course then, provided that it doesn't have any enrolments, you should see a 'Delete' button in the Course Builder under Settings > Basic (scroll down to the bottom of the page to find it).

Currently if a course has had any enrolments, even if those are now expired, it cannot be deleted. This is a safety measure, as we wouldn't want you guys to accidentally lose a course that you still need. A 'soft delete' option is in the works though, so watch out for that!

For now, if you're not seeing the Delete button, then please send a message via the HELP page on your admin dashboard with the exact name of the course and we can get it deleted for you :)

2 people have this question

It would be helpful to be able to delete courses that have had enrollments. I have a few test courses in which I enrolled test students while I was setting up and learning the system. Of course, I can hide those courses from the public, but it would nice to be able to get rid of them so they are not cluttering up my course admin screen.

4 people like this

There is no settings tab? And nowhere I can delete my unwanted courses. Please advise

Hi Michelle!

You have to first go into the course that you're looking to delete. Once you're inside the Course Builder, you can click on the Settings tab:

Hi David,

I can definitely see where you're coming from on that! You can also go here to submit your request directly to our product team for consideration in future product development: https://portal.prodpad.com/18563

For now, we can delete the courses for you. If you can send their exact names over to our Support team we'll get that done for you ASAP.

Thanks!

Catherine

Hi there! I'm waiting for any updates on this topic. Right now, I have a bunch of copies of my course. I needed to create them so that a proofreader could have access to lessons before they were released to possible enrollees. So, the proofreader was enrolled as a student, making the copies un-delete-able. Soon, I'll want to get things in order and eliminate these copies. Waiting for Thinkific's next move on this!  ;)
Thanks,
Ellen

Can courses that I am not using be placed and saved (not deleted) in a folder so they are not cluttering up the administration screen. 

Hi Wanda!

Currently, we don't have the ability to place courses in a folder but I think this is a great idea. You can submit this directly to our product team through this link: https://portal.prodpad.com/18563

In the meantime,  you can reorder the courses on your admin dashboard so that they are at the bottom of the list and not in your way.

Hope this helps!

Oliver

Say "Settings" instead of "Details page of the course builder" where the delete button is supposed to be, Took me a long time to find it.

Hi Mike,

Sorry about that - we did recently update our Course Builder and the Delete button moved. I'll update this post now.

Thanks!

Catherine

Login to post a comment