Menu

Are Thinkific planning to add gamification features?

Gamification, i.e. the ability for students to earn points, badges, etc, is absolutely on our radar for future product development.

For now, there are some existing elements of gamification to Thinkific that you may not know about, e.g.

And just watch this space for more...

If you have any specific requests or examples, then feel free to post them below!

I would love to see more "gamification" features to encourage my future students to complete my course. Here are some features I'd suggest:

• A progress tracking bar or some sort of progress checking graphic would be great
  • An interactive progress checklist as part of the home dashboard so students can see their overall progress for the entire course in one easy place
  • Bookmarks for students to "leave" in content (even videos) that they may want to revisit later
  • Rewards or badges after completing specific lessons that could be shared on social media
Thanks!

1 person likes this

Hi Janet,

Thanks for the feedback - very useful!

In response to your suggestions, some of those things do already exist/can be implemented on Thinkific so I've added some details on that below :)

A progress tracking bar or some sort of progress checking graphic would be great - students are aware of their progress through the course in a number of ways right now; e.g. lessons are checked off with a green tick once they've been completed, and after each lesson they see an interstitial page that lets them know how many lessons/chapters they have left to go.

There’s also an Achievements & Progress page in the course player that shows the student their current completion percentage.

An interactive progress checklist as part of the home dashboard so students can see their overall progress for the entire course in one easy place - when students log into your site they’re automatically taken to their student dashboard. From here they can see all courses they’re enrolled in and their completion percentage for each!

Bookmarks for students to "leave" in content (even videos) that they may want to revisit later - this is a great idea, and we can definitely look into some options for this! For now, when a student resumes a course they’ll automatically be dropped back into the point at which they were last at (even videos resume partway through). Content will automatically be marked complete once the student has hit the ‘Next’ button for a lesson but they can always select ‘Mark Incomplete’ if they’d like a reminder to come back the lesson later (they’ll then have to revisit the lesson and hit the ‘Next’ button again before they can complete the course).

Rewards or badges after completing specific lessons that could be shared on social media - this is definitely one of the main requests that we see for gamification, so it’s for sure on our radar! Currently, students can add a badge to their LinkedIn profile after completing a course and the default completion page for a customer does include a link to tweet about course completion, but we can certainly look into adding lesson-specific social sharing too. If you’d be interested in adding extra social sharing for course completion, then you are able to do that right now by creating a
custom completion page. Keep the requests coming, and if you have any examples of what you're looking for that you can share with us then we'd love to see them!

I'd love a badges integrations... like Credly https://credly.com/  

here are several to choose from: http://www.badgealliance.org/badge-issuing-platforms/

Hi Jason!

Thanks so much for those suggestions - I've passed them onto our product team as something to consider :)

Cheers!

Catherine

Login to post a comment